One-third of our lives are spent asleep. So the quality of our sleep will make a real difference to the quality of our lives.
Sleep Disordered Breathing (SDB) breaks up into two categories:
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Snoring and Sleep Apnea are conditions that affect over 40 percent of Americans with increasing percentages for those over the age of 50. Sleep Apnea can be a life-threatening condition. People with Obstructed Sleep Apnea (OSA) can suffer from lack of sleep, which can cause daytime sleepiness that leads to difficulty staying awake during daily activities such as meetings, regular conversation even driving. OSA can give high blood pressure, heart problems, stroke, job or traffic accidents, depression and more.
are cost effective dental solutions for both snoring and sleep apnea that a dentist can prescribe to their patients. Here at Cicero Family Dental Care, Dr. Sayed offers FREE sleep apnea and snoring consultations. If you or your loved one would like to know more about these treatments, please Contact Dr. Sayed [2.1] today or call our dental team at 315-699-3305.
What are the most common symptoms of Obstructive sleep apnea?
- Loud snoring
- Significant daytime sleepiness
- Poor Memory
- Periodic Stoppage of Breathing
- Restless Sleep
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Even Personality Changes
What treatment options are there for snoring or sleep
- Silent Nite Slide-Link – This is a custom-made device that prevents snoring. It is an affordable oral appliance that is flexible, thin and comfortable for the patient. This dental device is designed to move the lower jaw into
a forward position increasing the airway tube and
reducing air velocity and soft tissue vibration. Because it is custom designed for our patients, the fit is excellent and comfortable.
- TAP (Thornton Adjustable Positioner) – TAP is an anti-snoring dental devilce that is a clinically proven appliance solution for both snoring and sleep apnea. It is based on the same principles as CPR. This oral appliance is designed to open the airway and allow air to pass through the throat unrestricted. It is comforatable and custom designed to your mouth.
- Myerson Sleep Better EMA – The EMA (Elastic Madibular Advancement) custom appliance is a removeable intra-oral appliance created for noninvasive treatment of snoring and OSA. The EMA appliances promote a deeper more restful sleep by preventing snoring and relieving the symptoms of OSA.